Celebrities · Top 10s ·
Top 10 Takeaways from Shark Tank
Top 10 Post-Tank Takeaways
- It takes a village. There are so many people involved in the creation of our 7-minute segment. We’re so grateful to everyone who played a role. Producers, directors, runners, assistants, coordinators, drivers, make up, hair, catering, art directors, etc.
- It’s wildly fun. We were not nervous. We were just so excited to be a part of it. It’s a once in a life time experience and unique adventures need to be embraced.
- Be comfortable being uncomfortable. You must be. While taping the show, while prepping for the show, while building a business. You are charting an unknown course and that’s the thrill, that’s the fun; that’s why you are doing it.
- You don’t know what you don’t know. The epistemological challenges that face every entrepreneur remain a constant during the show. Remain open minded, ask a lot of questions, and figure things out as you go.
- The Importance of Being Earnest. You must embrace your conviction, be focused, and stay driven.
- Keep George Harrison’s “Got My Mind Set On You” in your head. It’s an anthem for every entrepreneur :
it's gonna take money
A whole lot of spending money
It's gonna take plenty of money...to do it right
It's gonna take time
A whole lot of precious time
It's gonna take patience and time...to do it right
- Do your homework. Know the Sharks. Read their books. Know your numbers. Watch the show. It’s formulaic.
- Practice. Have salient points that you believe are the most critically important factors that you need the Sharks to know. Refer to them. Master the art of answering a question while delivering the information you need to share.
- Celebrate it. If you get on and bomb or if you leave feeling like a Master of the Universe, you have done it and that’s so cool. We’re so lucky to live in a country that not only encourages entrepreneurs, but fosters and celebrates them.
- Shark Tank is an entertaining program that can help to elevates small business to national and international brands. Its message is powerful; regular people, like you, with good ideas, strong work ethics, and a lot of tenacity, can make meaningful contributions to the world.
To quote Dr. Seuss,
Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting.
So...get on your way!
Leave a comment